A Brief History of the Institution

Welcome to St. Theresa’s College Quezon City

 

STC, QC has long been a member of Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines or (CEAP) and has been accredited by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU) since 1966.

In 1996, STC broke new ground by being the first girls' school to ever be awarded a seven-year re- accreditation from PAASCU. At present, STC enjoys a Level Three re-accreditation for both its Grade School and High School departments.

Leadership, Excellence, Advocacy, Discipline / Discipleship, Service and Simplicity, Truth, Accountability, and Reform or what Theresians refer to as LEADSTAR, is a constant reminder and guiding principle to all members of the Theresian community in the pursuit of the vision-mission towards the fullness of Life- God's dream for humankind.

 

The Institution

 

A Brief History of the Institution

 

            When World War II wrought havoc on St. Theresa’s College of San Marcelino, Manila, leaving it in ruins, there was little hope left for the rebuilding of its physical plant.  Steps were taken to look for a new site, a property that would be larger than the San Marcelino compound.

In January 1946, a contract was signed for the purchase of a property consisting of five (5) blocks in Sta. Mesa Heights, Quezon City. A rudimentary make-shift building used by the U.S. Army, who previously occupied the place, was utilized temporarily for the classrooms of St. Theresa’s College, Quezon City, and for the quarters of the ICM Sisters.

January 7, 1947 marked the establishment of St. Theresa’s College, Quezon City. However, the school was officially opened only in June 1947.

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

The institution, from the first days of its foundation, had consistently stressed at all levels of instruction the holistic formation of the Theresian 2 St. Theresa’s College, Q.C. into a committed Christian, upholding the highest standards of excellence, leadership, character, and nationhood.

In 1972, the ICM Congregation launched a social orientation thrust for all its ministries in education and socio-pastoral, making St. Theresa’s College, Quezon City a sort of pilot school for the implementation of this thrust. An ICM Sister was then commissioned to prepare a program for St. Theresa’s College, Quezon City which called forth the school to make available the educational program to deserving families from the lowermiddle- income group by way of tuition discount, subsidized by Sambayan Educational Foundation, Inc. (SEFI), the funding arm.

Adoption of the Social Orientation Thrust further meant for St. Theresa’s College, Quezon City a review of its policies, structures, governance, and programs to make them responsive to this thrust. St. Theresa’s College, Quezon City is a member of the Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines (CEAP), and the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges, and Universities (PAASCU) and avails itself of the services of institutions and groups working for the re-orientation of education in the Philippines.

 
SiteLock