The Thrust Of STC QC
The Thrust of St. Theresa’s College, Quezon City is: Education for Leadership and Service, Transforming women and men, culture and society. It is distinctly missionary in character.
The Theresian Education focuses on:
- Virtue, Science, and the Art
- Academic proficiency and on-going formation in life
- Mission stressing transformative leadership and the empowerment ofwo/men
- Service by having a preferential option for the poor and working for justice
- Cultivation of Contemplative involvement; i.e., reflection-action-prayer
- Following Jesus with Mary, radiating His light and passing on a blessing, singing the Magnificat
In view of the above declaration, the Theresian who completes her basic education in St. Theresa’s College, Quezon Cityis MARKED by the following qualities:
- She is a woman of faith and a seeker of truth with a strong sense of mission.
- She is critically aware of the environment and of current events.
- Her heart is open to the poor.
- She is sensitive to the needs of persons and of community.
- She responds creatively to the cry for Justice and Fullness of Life.
- She is self-directed, compassionate and life-giving in her relationships.
- She adopts simplicity as her lifestyle.
- She advocates Peace as a Way of Life